We understand that a creating the perfect slate roof requires both good planning and a lot of attention to detail. So to help make your specification as straightforward as possible, we offer a personalised range of specification services to include:
- London Showroom – allowing you the opportunity to visualise your project with your product of choice
- Design Advice and Technical Support Service – here every element of your roofing slate specification will be addressed
- Natural Slate CPD seminars – tailored to meet your requirements where necessary
- Online Professional Resource Centre – in the form on downloadable documents as well as interesting videos on a range of related subjects. This section is always updated to reflect current trends and standards.
We take pride in the fact that we are the only UK roofing slate company to have a dedicated slate showroom in London.
Visiting our showroom allows you to see for yourself our full range of products, eliminating any element of uncertainty in the planning of a project’s roof or exterior façade.
We also have a section of our showroom dedicated to our very own architectural stone, Riverstone, which adds another dimension to the products that we offer.
Please contact us here and we will be in touch to arrange a convenient appointment for you. Simply tell us the time that is suitable for you and we will ensure that someone will deal with your project personally. Everything relevant to your home or project will be covered in detail.
Our London address is below, and the closest Tube station is Hanger Lane on the Central Line:SSQ UK Limited
301 Elveden Road
London NW10 7SS
Design Advice and Technical Support
Our goal is to make your life as easy as possible. Designing, specifying and fitting a natural slate roof should be a hassle-free job. So over many years we have developed the following range of services to ensure that a specified slate roof is always a happy and straightforward experience.
Our services include:
- Design advice to allow you to create low-pitch roofs (down to 17.5°)
- Advice about using slate for either heritage projects or in conservation areas
- General advice about the roof and details such as ridges, verges, hips, valleys, dormers and working around obstructions in the roof’s surface
- A quantity take-off service direct from your drawings to give you an indication of quantities
- An installation method statement that’s tailor-made for your roof, giving information about the best fixing method; headlaps; roof load-bearing and grading and sorting the slates
- Technical advice about roofing slate and what to consider when specifying, choosing or buying
- Specialist advice about complex roof shapes and designs, eg: circular roofs, random and diminishing courses
- Recommendations for the optimum slate for your roof
- An NBS specification service to complete your specification and in the format you require
- Providing onsite advice, support and supervision during construction
- RIBA-accredited CPD seminars
- Product brochures, technical data sheets and The SSQ Natural Roofing Slate Design and Fixing Guide